Lac Annecy Area Info
101 things to do in Annecy : VIEW HERE
- Beach & Swimming: There are more than 20 beaches around the lake, private and public, some with young children facilities, live music, coffee shops and snack bars. You can also stop anywhere along the water front and just jump in the clearest water you will find in Europe!
- Water sports and Lake excursions : The Libellule boat tours around the lake and you can hop-on hop-off in villages for lunch, to exlore or for a swim! You can also hire boat, kayaks, paddle to enjoy the lake or go sailing, scuba diving, wakebaording and kite surfing, its all here!
- Cycling , mountain biking , dedicated cycle lane around lake Annecy ; biking trails la Clusaz and le Grand Bornand ;
- Explore mountains and forests with a huge selection of hiking and walking trails in the spendid Natural Reserves of Roc du Cher, Bout du Lac and Massif des Bauges or Plateau de Glieres; walk up Col de la Forclaz and La Tournette or many of the peaks surrounding la Clusaz and le Grand Bornand ; Les Gorges du Fier ;
- Annecy is amongst the best spot in Europe to explore paragliding, hand-gliding, tandem jumps...
- Mountain Sports: Rock climbing, mountaineering, via ferrata, canyoning...
- Winter sports: skiing, snowboarding parks, speed-skiing, crosscountry, ski touring, iceskating, dog sledging, iceskating.
- Culture: The stunning castle of Menthon St Bernard and Annecy ; Annecy old town and museum ; La Turbine, Annecy's "science museum" ; Le Plateau des Glieres and the WWII memorial ; Visit cheese factories, living farms, The Paccard bells factory, and so much more.
- Day trips to Chamonix, Lyon, Yvoire,
- Leisure: cinema ; Lasertag ; Escape Game Annecy
- Bien-Etre: Yoga, Paddle Yoga ; Spas scattered around the lake
- Day trips from Annecy : Chamonix , Geneve, Lyon, Yvoire, Aix les Bains.
- Events: Le Tour de France ; Le Festival de l'Animation ; L'Ultra Trail et les nombreux évenements sportifs internationaux ;
- Restaurants: an amazing selection of restaurants surround the lake, it will take a few visits to try them all!
View Annecy Landscapes : Annecy summer and winter drone footage