Large traditionnel chalet with beautiful terrasses overlooking the valley, ideally located 5km away from La Clusaz and Grand Bornand ski stations. The chalet, recently renovated, is cosy and perfect to welcome a family or a group of friends, sleeping 10 in 4 bedrooms and 1 bunk bed, 3 bathrooms, with great living spaces and a private garden.
Full of charm and character and close to the slopes and village center, this traditional chalet is the ideal location for a party of up to 10. Cosy and comfortable, it has a large convivial kitchen/dining area with an adjoining lounge with wood burning stove, 1 lounge/tv room/bedroom, 4 double/twin bedrooms, 1 ensuite and 2 bathrooms. The chalet benefits from 2 large terraces for alfresco dining in summer and offers views over the valley throughout the seasons.
Outside the entrance, to your left is a boot storage shed with heated boot warmers for winter, sledges and equipment for the summer including a large webber barbeque. A pile of firewood is also at your disposal.
On entry to the chalet is a lobby area with a staircase that takes you up to the main sleeping area. Straight ahead past the lobby is an open plan kitchen, dining and lounge with fireplace . A large rustic dining table seats up to 10 people. Doors open out onto a balcony with grape vines and views over the valley. Adjacent to the dining area is the TV room which also has bunk beds. Wifi internet and satellite Television is available. This level benefits from a large bathroom with freestanding bath, shower and basin and WC.
On the top floor are 4 bedrooms, 3 double rooms and one twin room . One double room has an ensuite bathroom . The other bathroom to share has a shower and toilet .
The lower ground floor, accessible from the outside, is now a large playroom with mini pool table, baby foot table and a dart board.
A section of the room is the laundry room with washing machine dryer and sink and because of the boiler being in this area, it is another good place for drying out your ski gear!
The chalet is located 10 minutes walk from the village of St Jean de sixt and is ideally positioned between 2 big ski resort areas and only 20minutes to beautiful lake Annecy lake by car or bus.
In St Jean de Sixt you will find a few keys shops (baker, grocer, pharmacy, mini market) and a selection of lovely restaurants. From there you can reach either of the station for a larger selction of restaurant, entertainement or supermarket. The large intermarche on the way to the chalet is the best place to do your larger shop.
In summer and winter, the stations offera wide selection of activities:
-Winter: skiing, nordic skiing, sledging, horse and dog sledging, ice skating, speed-skiing, rando skiing, Ski lessons, trek walking, heating swimming pools, yoga & pilates classes, cinema, bowling, clubs, bars and very many restaurant offering mostly naughty french and cheese based food!
- Summer: the cable cars are running and take you to the top of the stations for walks and treks, many trails are available, cheese making farms can be visited. mini golf and golf courses are set up in Les Confins, paragliding, white water activities in certain areas, horseriding, adventure parks, cooking lessons, and many outdoor children and music festivals.
In the context of Covid-19, our team follow a very strict cleaning protocol:
- All our cleaners wear masks and gloves to handle linen and clean between guests.
- They are required to use gel as often as possible during the cleaning process.
- All linen, including mattress and pillow protectors are professionally cleaned at high temperature.
- Rooms are ventilated between guests
- The cleaners are asked to clean and then disinfect the area
- A food specific disinfectant is used in the kitchen.
- Handles, switches, doorknobs, keys are disinfected
- Cushions covers, blankets and throws are rotated to allow time for cleaning
- A/C filters are cleaned between guests
- Vacume cleaners bags are changed after each clean
Hydroalcoholic gel bottles are left to your avail at the property
The guest will be refunded 100% of the total cost if the cancellation happens at least 14 days before the checkin
The guest will be refunded 50% of the total cost if the cancellation happens at least 7 days before the checkin
- No smoking except outside the property
- No parties or event unless approved beforehand with the Owner- Noise restriction applies and drugs and overuse of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Check-in from 4pm & Check-out by 10am, unless otherwise agreed in writing with the property manager.
- Pets are prohibited unless approved beforehand
- Groups of young adults must be accompanied by a responsible adult that will take responsibility for the group.
- Guests will receive a house manual with a full list of property details, rules and local recommendations a couple of weeks before arrival.
- All cleaning fees are compulsory and are to be paid on arrival
Please do not wear skiboots inside they are to be placed in the cabine on the heated boot warmers
All waste must be disposed of by the client at the top of the road