Large rustic house completely renovated to a high standard in the beautiful village of Menthon St Bernard. Positioned in Les Moulins the special older part of the village on a river way, its perfectly located with a picturesque 5 minute walk to the village and 15 minutes to the lake front. In summer 2 huge terraces wrap around the side of the house creating the perfect spot for dining and evening apéritifs. There is also an area with a table tennis table. In the winter its very cosy with a fireplace comfortable seating and large dining table. Its a great winter getaway with the large ski resorts La Clusaz and le Grand Bornand just a 35 minute drive away! Amazing location in summer, a couple of minutes walk to the village and lakefront 10 minutes away.
The layout comprises of 6 bedrooms, 4 large full bathrooms 2 containing baths as well as showers and 2 separate toilet rooms. The house is arranged over 3 levels . Entry is from the parking level that can hold 3 cars. Up one flight of stairs and you enter a lobby with spacious open plan living, office, dining and kitchen area. The kitchen is high spec with every convenience including 2 ovens, large separate fridge and freezer, dishwasher and large breakfast bar. From this level you can access downstairs via a stairwell to a bunk room, TV room, separate very large master bedroom and large family bathroom. Both bedrooms open out onto a huge terraces with ping pong table and dining area. The upper level consists of 4 bedrooms - 2 queen bedrooms sharing one bathroom, 1 large master bedroom with superking bed and ensuite bathroom, and finally a bedroom containing 2 single beds or used as a double bedroom with large family bathroom.
On your doorstep is the beautiful castle of Menthon St Bernard and gorgeous trails into the forest and towards the impressive mountains rocks of Les Dents de Lanfon. Further into the village and close to the lake, la Reserve Naturelle du Roc de chere is also an amazing forested area, overlooking the lake, where you will happily spend an entire day.
The lake, 15mn walk away, can be accessed to free of charge or you can go to the "Plage de Menthon" for supervised swimming and baby pool. There is also a lovely snack bar/restaurant.
The lake is amazing to swim in but you can also practice kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, wake boarding, kit surfing, sailing boat, hire pedalos etc...There is also a boat shuttle going from the small harbour of Menthon to the beautiful old Town of Annecy, also called the Venice of the Alps.
The cycle lane is accessible just outside the village and takes you to Annecy or to the neighbouring villages of Talloires and Veyrier, or all around the lake if you feel like it! and for those looking for sensation, know that Annecy is one of the world most renown paragliding spot, so why not giving it a go!
Nature and trail walking lovers, sports enthusiasts, families with young children, teenagers looking for thrilling holidays, there is plenty for everyone!
We will do our upmost to greet you at the property upon arrival. All our properties are however self check in so you don't have to wait and can let yourself in until we come to meet you.
In conformity with rules and regulations linked to the Corona virus, we keep security measures in place and will not shake your hands, we apologies for that in advance!
Our concierges will meet you on or shortly after your arrival and will be available to you at any time during your stay should you need help with anything.
We can help you organise local produce (fruit and veg) and groceries delivery, bikes rentals, paddle hire, mountain guides to explore the area, in house chef or food delivery etc. Anything that will make your stay the perfect holiday to stay safe and re-energise.
All our properties will follow the very strict government guidelines in terms of cleaning.
Our laundry is clean by professional cleaners, also implementing the Government rules and using eco friendly produces whenever possible.
The environment is precious to us, and you will appreciate, whilst staying with us, how fortunate we are to benefit from such pure waters and magnificent landscapes. We will therefore call to your attention to avoid wastage (electricity and water) and to recycle your waste whenever possible. All the information will be available in the Welcome Folder available at the property.
In the context of Covid-19, our team follow a very strict cleaning protocol:
- All our cleaners wear masks and gloves to handle linen and clean between guests.
- They are required to use gel as often as possible during the cleaning process.
- All linen, including mattress and pillow protectors are professionally cleaned at high temperature.
- Rooms are ventilated between guests
- The cleaners are asked to clean and then disinfect the area
- A food specific disinfectant is used in the kitchen.
- Handles, switches, doorknobs, keys are disinfected
- Cushions covers, blankets and throws are rotated to allow time for cleaning
- A/C filters are cleaned between guests
- Vacume cleaners bags are changed after each clean
Hydroalcoholic gel bottles are left to your avail at the property
The guest will be refunded 100% of the total cost if the cancellation happens at least 30 days before the checkin
The guest will be refunded 50% of the total cost if the cancellation happens at least 14 days before the checkin
- No smoking except outside the property
- No parties or event unless approved beforehand with the Owner- Noise restriction applies and drugs and overuse of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Check-in from 4pm & Check-out by 10am, unless otherwise agreed in writing with the property manager.
- Pets are prohibited unless approved beforehand
- Groups of young adults must be accompanied by a responsible adult that will take responsibility for the group.
- Guests will receive a house manual with a full list of property details, rules and local recommendations a couple of weeks before arrival.
- All cleaning fees are compulsory and are to be paid on arrival
- All waste must be disposed of by the client at the top of the road
Please do not wear skiboots inside they are to be placed in the cabine on the heated boot warmers