This beautiful home features a spacious and bright lounge with 3 large sofas and fireplace, a large dining table and a modern open plan, American style kitchen. There are 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 2 large gardens and terrace overlooking the stream. We are in a typical little hamlet, 5mn drive from Talloires and 5mn walk to lake.
The house features a spacious and bright lounge and 3 large sofas and fireplace; a large dining table and a modern american kitchen. There are 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 2 large gardens and terrace overlooking the stream. We are 5mn walk to lake and cycling lane.
"La Scierie" ("Sawmill") is a converted 16th century wood-cutting mill formerly powered by a water-wheel. The property sits above its own Alpine stream and in close proximity to the cascading waterfall of Angon. This luxurious property has retained many of its charming features including the large outer water-wheel, internal iron wheel mechanisms and cutting saw. Located in the picture postcard hamlet of Angon, Talloires.
The property is set on three levels. The ground level is a very large, open plan space with three large sofas, large dining table and high-spec, modern open-plan kitchen with significant cooking area and breakfast bar. There is also a separate W.C and bedroom on this floor with en-suite shower room. The first floor has three bedrooms 2 double and one family room sleeping 2-4 people. One bedroom has an en-suite bathroom (and separate access to the en-suite from the landing), one bedroom with en-suite shower room, one W.C.
The lower ground floor has a utility room and access to the bar room which contains the inner workings of the water wheel. This house is a very social space, particularly on the ground floor.There is also a bar area on the lower ground floor if the adults want time away from the children in the evening. One of the balconies is very large and connects the ground floor via a bridge to the upper garden (there is an upper and lower garden) with relaxed seating and dining areas.
The property is set in a very beautiful old character village , a 5 minute walk to lake Annecy . A stream runs right alongside the property and winds it way down to the lake . It is a quiet peaceful setting.
There is room for 2 small cars or one big car in the shingle driveway just around the corner from the front door . Otherwise parking is on Route des Vignes .
We require 25% deposit required to confirm the booking
The balance due + security deposit are payable no later than 8 weeks prior to arrival
The security deposit will be reversed within 7 days of your departure.
Payments can be made online by card or by bank transfer in EUROS or GBP
The guest will be refunded 100% of the total cost if the cancellation happens at least 60 days before the checkin
- No smoking except outside the property
- No parties or event unless approved beforehand with the Owner- Noise restriction applies and drugs and overuse of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Check-in from 4pm & Check-out by 10am
- Pets are prohibited unless approved beforehand
- Groups of young adults must be accompanied by a responsible adult that will take responsibility for the group.
- Guests will receive a house manual with a full list of property details, rules and local recommendations a couple of weeks before arrival.
- Please respect the cupboard spaces marked PRIVATE.
- The furniture is of high quality and the house has many antique features that we will ask you not to touch - strict recommendations are given in the House Manual at the property. Please read thoroughly upon arrival.
- There is an open staircase leading from the living room to the bedrooms above : the house might not be suitable to young children and those coming will require supervision at all time
Chemin du Nant d'Oy 174