"La Scierie" ("Sawmill") is a converted 16th century wood-cutting mill formerly powered by a water-wheel. The property sits above its own Alpine stream and in close proximity to the cascading waterfall of Angon. This luxurious property has retained many of its charming features including the large outer water-wheel, internal iron wheel mechanisms and cutting saw. Located in the picture postcard hamlet of Angon, Talloires.
The property is set on three levels. The ground level is a very large, open plan space with three large sofas, large dining table and high-spec, modern open-plan kitchen with significant cooking area and breakfast bar. There is also a separate W.C and bedroom on this floor with en-suite shower room. The first floor has three bedrooms 2 double and one family room sleeping 2-4 people. One bedroom has an en-suite bathroom (and separate access to the en-suite from the landing), one bedroom with en-suite shower room, one W.C.
The lower ground floor has a utility room and access to the bar room which contains the inner workings of the water wheel. This house is a very social space, particularly on the ground floor.There is also a bar area on the lower ground floor if the adults want time away from the children in the evening. One of the balconies is very large and connects the ground floor via a bridge to the upper garden (there is an upper and lower garden) with relaxed seating and dining areas.
There is room for 2 small cars or one big car in the shingle driveway just around the corner from the front door . Otherwise parking is on Route des Vignes .
The property is located just outside the village of Talloires, a 5mn bike ride away. You are also 5mn walk from the lovely Angon Beach and its lively holiday feel.
The lake is amazing to swim in but you can also practice kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, wake boarding, kit surfing, sailing boat, hire pedalos etc...There is also a boat shuttle going from the small harbour of Angon to the beautiful old Town of Annecy, also called the Venice of the Alps. On the lakefront, you will find a selection of beautiful restaurants, a pizza place and a small grocer with bakery located on one of the camping site, really useful for fresh croissants and last minute purchases.
The cycling lane surrounding the lake is just on your doorstep, taking you all the way to Annecy.
We will do our upmost to greet you at the property upon arrival. All our properties are however self check in so you don't have to wait and can let yourself in until we come to meet you.
In conformity with rules and regulations linked to the Corona virus, we keep security measures in place and will not shake your hands, we apologies for that in advance!
Our concierges will meet you on or shortly after your arrival and will be available to you at any time during your stay should you need help with anything.
We can help you organise local produce (fruit and veg) and groceries delivery, bikes rentals, paddle hire, mountain guides to explore the area, in house chef or food delivery etc. Anything that will make your stay the perfect holiday to stay safe and re-energise.
All our properties will follow the very strict government guidelines in terms of cleaning.
Our laundry is clean by professional cleaners, also implementing the Government rules and using eco friendly produces whenever possible.
The environment is precious to us, and you will appreciate, whilst staying with us, how fortunate we are to benefit from such pure waters and magnificent landscapes. We will therefore call to your attention to avoid wastage (electricity and water) and to recycle your waste whenever possible. All the information will be available in the Welcome Folder available at the property.
In the context of Covid-19, our team follow a very strict cleaning protocol:
- All our cleaners wear masks and gloves to handle linen and clean between guests.
- They are required to use gel as often as possible during the cleaning process.
- All linen, including mattress and pillow protectors are professionally cleaned at high temperature.
- Rooms are ventilated between guests
- The cleaners are asked to clean and then disinfect the area
- A food specific disinfectant is used in the kitchen.
- Handles, switches, doorknobs, keys are disinfected
- Cushions covers, blankets and throws are rotated to allow time for cleaning
- A/C filters are cleaned between guests
- Vacume cleaners bags are changed after each clean
Hydroalcoholic gel bottles are left to your avail at the property
The guest will be refunded 100% of the total cost if the cancellation happens at least 14 days before the checkin
The guest will be refunded 50% of the total cost if the cancellation happens at least 7 days before the checkin
- No smoking except outside the property
- No parties or event unless approved beforehand with the Owner- Noise restriction applies and drugs and overuse of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Check-in from 4pm & Check-out by 10am
- Pets are prohibited unless approved beforehand
- Groups of young adults must be accompanied by a responsible adult that will take responsibility for the group.
- Guests will receive a house manual with a full list of property details, rules and local recommendations a couple of weeks before arrival.
- Please respect the cupboard spaces marked PRIVATE.
- The furniture is of high quality and the house has many antique features that we will ask you not to touch - strict recommendations are given in the House Manual at the property. Please read thoroughly upon arrival.
- There is an open staircase leading from the living room to the bedrooms above : the house might not be suitable to young children and those coming will require supervision at all time